Liz Unruh is a transplant from upstate New York: Colorado has been her home since 1992. She earned a Bachelors degree in Psychology from the State University of New York at Potsdam in 1992 and a Masters degree in Counseling from Denver Seminary in 1997. She is a Licensed Professional Counselor in the state of Colorado, a National Board Certified Counselor and a Certified Clinical Trauma Professional. Liz is also a Christian and incorporates faith into her work with clients while respecting each individual's personal faith beliefs. Liz aims to incorporate hope into the counseling process and strives to create a healing space that combines kind consideration with challenge.
The majority of her work over the years has been with adults, teens and couples in the following:
- Anxiety (Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Separation Anxiety, Phobias, Panic Disorder)
- Depression (Persistent Depressive Disorder, Major Depressive Disorder)
- Trauma therapy (PTSD, Acute Stress Disorder, childhood and adult trauma)
- Marriage counseling and Pre-Marital counseling
- Religious disillusionment and spiritual direction.
Liz believes individuals are unique and therefore not one specific modality of therapy is appropriate for everyone. Liz utilizes Brainspotting, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Client Centered Therapy, Brief Solution Focused Therapy, Tapping and EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing) in her work with clients. Liz also has been trained in both Level 1 and Level 2 of the Gottman Method Couples Therapy.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy