Below you will find a collection of resources about Brainspotting. Please visit our “Videos about Brainspotting” page for additional resources. If you have a resource you’d like to be featured on this page, please email it to email@example.com.
- “Awe in Trauma: Beyond Brainspotting”
with Dr. David Grand and Dr. Mark Grixti, as part of Grixti’s “Awe in Trauma” series (Nov 25, 2021)
- “Brainspotting: Improving Mental Health Through Therapy”
with Dr. David Grand, “On Your Mind” podcast hosted by Timothy J. Hayes, Ph.D. (Nov 16, 2021)
- “What is Brainspotting”
with Thad Frye, LCSW, “Heartseed Health” podcast hosted by Dr. Noah K. Goldstein (Nov 4, 2020)
- “Brainspotting 101″
with Melanie Young, Psy.D., “Psychiatria” podcast from Free Range Psychiatry (Nov 2021)
- “Helping White Ears Listen to Truths About Racial Injustice: The Truth Will Set You Free”
with Dr. Mondo, Dr. Armando Gonzales, and Dr. David Grand (June 15, 2020)
- “Enlist the Power of Hope to Heal from Brain Injuries”
with Melanie Young, PsyD., “Mountain Mantras” podcast with Kathryn Guylay
- “Brainspotting for Grief, Loss, Trauma + More”
with Thad Frye, LCSW, “Therapy Chat” podcast with Laura Reagan (Feb 9, 2020)
- “Manage Existential Trauma” (with emphasis on COVID-19)
with Deb Antinori, “Mountain Mantras” podcast with Kathryn Guylay
- Episodes 66-74
with Brainspotters: Jenn DeLorenzo, Paige Roberts, Santiago Brand, Jessica Crowley, Beth Medina, Thad Frye, and Cindy J. Smith, “Mountain Mantras” podcast with Kathryn Kemp Guylay
with Dr. David Grand, “Insights from the Edge” podcast with Tami Simon (Jan 6, 2015)
- “Brainspotting for Hidden Trauma”
with Joanne Mednick and Mike Beychok, “Recovery Unscripted” podcast with David Condos
- “Episode 109 Brainspotting with Beth Medina”
with Beth Medina, “Therapy Chat” podcast with Laura Reagan (Oct 20, 2017)
- “Episode 13: David Grand, PhD”
with Dr. David Grand, “The Trauma Therapist” podcast with Guy Macpherson (Aug 26, 2014)
- “Brainspotting and Trauma Treatment for Parents and Kids”
with Beth Medina, “Parent-Child Relationship” podcast with Selma Bacevac (April 12, 2018)
- “Brainspotting as a Neuroexperiential Process for Healing and Expansion”
by Dr. David Grand, keynote address transcript from the 2021 International Brainspotting Conference in Denver, July 2021
- “The Yawn – An Unsolved Mystery”
by Jennifer Delaney, LPC
- “A Comparison of Dual Attention, Eye Movements, and Exposure Only During Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing for Posttraumatic Stress Disorder: Results from a Randomized Clinical Trial”
by Martin Sack et al, Psychotherapy and Psycosomatics, (June 4, 2016)
- “Brainspotting- The Efficacy of a New Therapy Approach for PTSD in Comparison to EMDR”
by Anja Hildebrand, David Grand, & Mark Stemmler, Mediterranean Journal of Clinical Psychology (2017)
- “Brainspotting with Kids & Adolescents”
by Monika Baumann et al., RMBI Blog.
- “A Comparison of Dual Attention, Eye Movements, and Exposure Only During EMDR for PTSD: Results from a Randomized Clinical Trial”
by M. Sack et al. Psychotherapy and Psychosomatics, (2016)
- “Panic Attack with Vergence Therapy: An Unexpected Visual-Vagus Connection”
by N. Merrill and D. Bowan (2008)
- Rocky Mountain Brainspotting Institute featured in the Boulder Daily Camera‘s Nonprofit Spotlight. Take a look!
- Brainspotting is being used with adults affected by the tragedy in Sandy Hook. Find out more in this article.
- Colorado’s Paige Roberts shares about Brainspotting with head injuries and sport’s performance in Ski Racing magazine in this article.
- “Brainspotting: Sustained attention, spinothalamic tracts, thalamocortical processing, and the healing adaptive orientation truncated by traumatic experience.”
by F.M. Corrigan, D. Grand, & R. Raju, Medical Hypotheses, (2015).
- “Effective Treatments for Generalized Anxiety Disorder”
by Dr. Javier Anderegg (2015).
- “A preliminary study of the efficacy of Brainspotting: a new therapy approach for the treatment of PTSD.”
by A. Hildebrand, D. Grand, & M. Stemmler, Journal for Psychotraumatology, Psychotherapy Science, and Psychological Medicine (2014).
- Olympic athlete, Lindsey Vonn, shares about her experience with Brainspotting in this NBC Sports article.
- “What is neurogenesis?”
Queensland Brain Institute. The University of Queensland Australia.
- “Brainspotting reduces disturbance and increases Heart Rate Variability linked to distressing memories: A pilot study. “
by Fabio D’Antoni. Mediterranean Journal of Clinical Psychology. (2021)
- “Psychotherapeutic techniques for distressing memories: A comparative study of EMDR, Brainspotting, and Body Scan Meditation.”
by Fabio D’Antoni, et al. International Journal of Environment Research and Public Health.(2022).
- “The preliminary efficacy and clinical applicability of Brainspotting among Filipino women with severe post traumatic stress disorder”
by Teofilo Oca Palsimon Jr. Archives of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, (2022).
- Beyond the Self: Healing Emotional Trauma and Brainspotting.
by Mario Salvador. Eleftheria, Barcelona, 2019.
- The Power of Brainspotting: An International Anthology.
by Gerhard Wolfrum (Editor). Tasanger, 2018.
(to Order in English: Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or use this contact form)
- Brainspotting with Young People: An Adventure into the Mind
by Mark Grixi and Rosanna Dean (illustrator). Sattva, 2015.
- Brainspotting: The Revolutionary New Therapy for Rapid and Effective Change
by Dr. David Grand. Sounds True, 2013.
- 8 Keys to Brain-Body Balance (8 Keys to Mental Health)
by Robert Scaer and Babette Rothschild. Kindle eBook, 2012.
- This is Your Brain on Sports: Beating Blocks, Slumps and Performance Anxiety for Good!
by Dr. David Grand and Dr. Alan Goldberg. Dog Ear Publishing, 2011.
- The Curious Voyage.
by Cynthia Schwartzberg. Self-published, 2021.
- A Special Place In My Brain: A Brainspotting Book for Kids.
by Josh Delahan, LCSW. Self-published, 2021.
- Brainspotting with Children and Adolescents: An attuned treatment approach for effective brain-body healing.
by Monika Baumann. Self-published, 2020.
- The Body Bears the Burden: Trauma, Dissociation, & Disease.
by Robert Scear, Routledge, 2014.